Barack Obama is bound and determined to prove that he can truly relate to average Americans, that he more than Mitt Romney knows just what America wants to hear. And what did he decide America wanted to hear?
I really do wish that was a joke, but it’s not. Our President went on national late-night television and beclowned himself to make a very minor political point. I have to wonder what our enemies around the world will think when they see the leader of the free world’s bad karaoke act. We can be fairly sure they are not shaking out of fear or respect. Laughter, perhaps.
And now, links!
- I’ve never liked “faith-based” government programs, mostly because when you mix government and religion, government eventually crowds out all the faith. But why shouldn’t it? It has more Earthly power.
- I like this post by Doug Ross, “The Illustrated Road to Freedom”. It’s useful to see, in pictures, what freedom (and her enemies) look like.
- You know what I like the least about the Obama administration? The constant reminders of what it was like to live in America in the late 1970s. I was just a kid then, but I remember how dismal and ugly it was, and how viscerally we all reacted to the man who reminded us that we were Americans and nothing was beyond us.
- How sad that Republican dinosaur Orrin Hatch doesn’t like the Tea Parties. Perhaps if he had spent more time working for us and less time for himself, he’d have a better relationship with the people who will vote him out of office soon.
- This is rich: The Democrats have set their convention in a right to work state, but want the labor unions to pony up the cash to pay for it.
- Occupy Cluelessness!
- Kurt Schlichter met the plague upon manhood that is Bronyism and what resulted was #caring.
- They can’t pass a budget, but they can work like beavers on meth to pass a law that would suck more money from small business owners to pay for another hare-brained progressive scheme which has only managed to put tens of thousands of college students neck-deep in debt with no prospects of getting out.
- In conclusion, Barack Obama ate a dog.
Oh, I must add this. In overtime, in Game Seven, my Beloved Washington Capitals did this (mp3 link). The Red? Rocked.