I don’t have a lot of setup for this video, except that it came to me from one of my favorite actors in all the world and that it might just make you tear up a bit. It takes a special sort of bravery to go off to battle, lose one’s sight, then return and live a huge and effective life. It takes just a bit more than that to throw out the first pitch on Opening Day in front of hundreds of thousands of people.
Because I’m a nice guy, I won’t give you a direct comparison to an first pitch from a certain President who, we’re told, is a top-notch athlete. Nope, won’t do that at all.
And now, links!
- Do you write for love or money? Joy McCann suggests you do the former so that, eventually, the latter can happen. The advantage to that is that if you never make a dime from your writing, as least you won’t have wasted your time.
- I admit, I’m a sucker for shows about aliens, but I never like getting a left-wing sucker punch right in the middle of one.
- I don’t know how I’ve missed tipping you to the Political Clown Parade blog, but you should check it out. The writing is well-done, and the art is clever. Bookmark it or stick it in your RSS feed.
- I don’t entirely agree with Loren Heal’s piece about how we on the right can get along in a contested primary season, but his advice isn’t bad at all.
- It really is all about how you wear your hat, isn’t it? (via ExJon’s Twitter feed)
- Before you call in the airstrike on that bridge, Stacy says, you should consider whether it’s a bridge that ever really mattered in the first place.
- I usually don’t like “Five things that…” blog posts, but this one, on leadership and The Godfather is pretty good.
- So, Hollywood is going to “reboot” another movie series, this time The Mummy, one of the most enjoyable adventure flicks I’ve seen in a decade. Of course they are, because it’s utterly impossible to make another movie that involves a mummy as a central villain without obliterating the ones that came before it. Stupid, stupid Hollywood.