Finally, the RNC has made a video that hits Barack Obama right in the…teleprompter. His critics, which most definitely includes me, have said for years that the President relies primarily on rather stale talking points to push his policies in public. Unfortunately, the critics were wrong. His talking points aren’t merely stale; they’re completely recycled. Some bright person in the Republican Party noticed that the President’s speech castigating the House Republicans’ budget sounded awfully familiar, so they pulled video of his speech on the budget last year and found that…well, go see it for yourself.
Something struck me when I watched that video. We’ve been told that President Obama is an expert orator, that the one thing he does better than anything else is give speeches. Notice, though, how badly he fumbled his way through this year’s speech even though he’s already given it before. A orator with the allegedly top-notch skills of Barack Obama should always give a speech better the second time than he did the first, especially when he’s essentially reading the speech off a teleprompter.
So, not only his his speech packed full of horse-hockey, it’s also delivered with all the skill of a second-string member of a high school debate team. And he wants four more years? I don’t think so.
And now, links!
- Folks, I think we’ve met our next Senator from Maryland. His name is Dan Bongino and this is his victory speech from Tuesday night’s primary election. I know Maryland is a left-wing stronghold, but Bongino is a true Happy Warrior, almost literally. I honestly believe that when folks see and hear him, they’ll like him.
- You’ve heard of “Burn Notice”, now feast your eyes on Burn POTUS.
- Mitt Romney doesn’t understand new media and, from the looks of things, isn’t even going to try.
- Kurt Schlichter has extended his Empire of Caring to the Examiner. His op-ed today is a variation on a theme I’ve covered here at The Shack recently, but he brings his wicket wit and courtroom-honed insight to it in a way you’ll like.
- There are a great many things wrongs with Affirmative Action. Victor Davis Hanson ran them all down in one excellent piece.
- When I say that Barack Obama believes everything is about him, I’m not kidding even a little bit.
- If the MSM took Sarah Palin’s advice, their ratings wouldn’t stink half as bad as they do now.
- My friend Amelia Hamilton has a confession or two to make.