A recurring theme of mine, here and on The Delivery, is that progressives think you’re dumb. That is, as I wrote Tuesday, at the very heart of progressive ideology. What makes this belief so very galling to me is that the very progressive leaders who believe themselves smart enough to run our lives for us are, to put it charitably, not exactly getting weekly invites from Mensa. I have three more examples from Wednesday to prove the point.
Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) decided to lecture America on why Iran doesn’t have a nuclear weapon and why we have nothing at all to fear from the hardline Islamist rulers of that nation. To bolster his point, which was more than a little bit nutty to begin with, he noted that: 1) we can find their underground nukes with our satellites, and 2) we went to war with Germany because they attacked Pearl Harbor.
Meanwhile, member of Congress and head of the Democratic National Committee Debbie Wasserman-Schultz was busy telling a reporter with the MRC that she didn’t say Republicans wanted to drag America to the bad old days of Jim Crow laws even though she said that very thing on national television less than a year ago.
Then there was Ezra Klein, ace blogging star with the Washington Post, who saw fit to bash the latest Republican budget proposal but somehow forgot to mention that the Democrats haven’t passed a budget, even though they control 2/3 of the means to do so, in almost 3 years.
And last, but not least, was this beautiful nugget from a book about the closed-door machinations of the Obama White House, wherein our Ivy League-educated President was stumped by basic free-market economics.
I’ll say it again. These are the people who want to run our lives. They’re all lucky they don’t concuss themselves by walking face-first into a door frame while chewing a stick of gum at the same time. And the progressive movement — the Democratic Party — is packed full of people just like them.
And now, links.
- This, folks, is why Twitchy is going to be successful.
- It’s possible I’d be more kindly disposed toward Mitt Romney if he didn’t attract such arrogant and condescending supporters.
- What happens when you slap a punitive tax on “the rich”? They go on vacation elsewhere instead of working hard, creating jobs, and providing you with more taxable revenue. Kind of makes sense, doesn’t it?
- Yes, Bob, it is very possible that Smitty is some sort of bespoke fisking machine.
- Unfortunately, Moe Lane won’t get any of what he wants in a Presidential nominee.
- If you think $4 gas is bad, just you wait. The President, you see, has a plan.
- Happy Second Birthday, Obamacare! May you never turn three.
- America really, really hates the Chevy Volt but that hasn’t stopped the President from trying with all his might to shove all of us into one, has it?
- As it happened, Nero probably did fiddle while Rome burned. Well, not fiddled exactly. It’s more like he played a harp or recited epic poetry. Nero was so emo…