In the grim world of Barack Obama speeches, the only victims are history books and dead presidents. The President fired up the teleprompter again this week to launch another salvo of invective against those who don’t think his utopian cloud-cuckoo land will be such a wonderful place to live. Among those who earned his ire, former President Rutherford B. Hayes, who the President mistakenly believes scoffed at the telephone and the Flat Earth Society, who managed to frown upon Christopher Columbus from two hundred years in the future.
The President’s grasp of history has gotten so silly that it spawned a fun little hashtag game on Twitter yesterday, where folks helpfully provided the White House speech-writing team with a few more facts about our former Chief Executives.
Remember the days when a President’s speeches became fodder for comedy routines and scornful stories on the evening news? Good times. Good times.
And now, links!
- ZOMG! RICK SANTORUM WANTS TO OUTLAW PORN!!! Or, you know, he doesn’t. See, this is how utterly crapulent, shamelessly biased reporting works. First, have an agenda. Second, write whatever the heck you want to push that agenda and don’t show your work.
- You know what might be an interesting project? Take the number of birds allegedly killed by DDT and compare it to the number of birds actually killed by alternative energy.
- Stephen Kruiser is an immensely talented guy and his Kruiser Control program would make one heck of a regular television program. Go take a look and see if you don’t agree.
- Wow. So the Republican National Committee can be creative and punch back against the administration. Who knew?
- My friend Sister Toldjah has taken the field in the War on Women and she is, as you might have guessed, on the side of women. You might be surprised, if you hear about the “war’ only from the MSM, who she’s fighting against.
- I really liked this story of a meeting between Sarah Palin and Andrew Breitbart and the gathering that resulted.
- This week, the CBO released a report that shows Obamacare will cost us twice as much as the President promised it would. In short, Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress lied through their teeth to get their Holy Grail of Progressivism passed. So far, the MSM had been very quiet about it. Expect the curious silence to continue until at least Election Day, if not longer.
- Oh, and the President’s budget is a steaming pile of garbage, too. Don’t expect a hard-hitting NBC segment on that tonight either.
- The love letters of…Richard Nixon?
- Did you want an infrared map of the entire universe? Yes, you did.
- I was on the TB-TV Podcast last night, talking about Twitchy (and its founder Michelle Malkin), Andrew Breitbart and social media. I had only intended on spending 30 minutes or so on the show, but it was so much fun that I stayed for 45! Check it out and leave the guys there some nice comments. They treated me very well and I’m grateful they had me on!