As you may have noticed, I’ve neglected The Shack over the past week or so. My schedule has changed a bit over the past few days, with work duties taking a far more prominent chunk of time and a choral concert season that culminated today in the first-ever concert for the Acapella Vocal Ensemble (my new choir). I’ve collected a whole heap of stories about which I’ve wanted to write, but lacked the time to develop into stand-alone posts.
- You’d think that this story, told by Univision, of Iranian operatives working diligently in South America and Mexico, would have gotten some small amount of attention by the MSM, but so far they haven’t noticed. We ought to pay attention to it. Power abhors a vacuum, as the saying goes, and our utter lack of a coherent foreign policy is creating vacuums all over the world.
- President Obama is on a mission; a mission against cynicism and the failed policies of the past. His chosen weapons to fight these battles, though, are cynicism and the failed policies of the past, so you’ll forgive me if I dismiss his big speech as a lot of sound and fury, signifying a desperate re-election campaign.
- What would a Republican Presidential debate be without left-wing MSM moderators who spend the entire event clumsily laying snares in which they hope to catch one of the hopefuls?
- I missed the anniversary of Pearl Harbor last week, but I did save this incredible story of bravery and humility at Bookworm Room.
- Here in Maryland, my home, the State Highway Administration failed an audit in a big way. Wait, did I say “big way”? I meant to say “criminal way that involved the misuse of over $11 million over 2 1/2 years”. It doesn’t look as if anyone will go to jail over it either. In a related story, Governor O’Malley is gearing up an “ambitious” agenda next year.
- Andrew Klavan put Wall Street on trial. I think maybe he could have picked a better advocate for the Occupiers, though…
- When fact-checkers attack! Well, they attack Republicans…
- Socialists see tradition as something that must be destroyed. Every single time.
- The labor unions will spend billions to get Barack Obama re-elected and their aims are not ours. They can be beaten, though, and Labor Union Report prepared a little presentation to show us how.
- Another day, another reason to sharpen your pitchfork and load up on torches. This time, the Federal government seized a web site, refused to tell the owners why, then apparently lied about the reason — for over a year.
- This is, hands down, the most devastating takedown of Barack Obama’s alleged gay rights agenda I have ever seen. Click over and read it — it’s probably not what you think.
- Let’s finish with some news about Operation Fast and Furious. The Obama Administration continues to lie about its involvement in the operation that led directly to over 200 murders. Worse, the fear that the administration launched the operation to build a case for more stringent gun control laws appears to be well-founded. Oh, and those drug gangs we armed? They were hunting law enforcement officers when they killed Agent Terry.
- Madonna will perform the halftime show at this year’s Super Bowl. Yes, this is what a shark-jump looks like.
- The language is very spicy, but this Gary Vaynerchuk speech is worth every minute, especially if you have any interest in social media.