We’ve found more guns “walked” by the administration as part of Operation Fast and Furious (via memeorandum). Police seized two of over 2,000 missing weapons from a couple members of the Sinaloa cartel right here in the United States. By anyone’s best estimate, we’re still missing about 1,500 guns. That number would be a lot more certain if the Obama administration would come clean on how many guns they gave to the drug cartels.
While I’m on the whole “coming clean” subject, the administration last week refused to honor a Congressional subpoena for documents related to SolyndraScam. The White House said the subpoena was “unprecedented and unnecessary” and questioned the committee’s sincerity to get to the bottom of the scandal (both links via memeorandum). Perhaps the President doesn’t want Congress to know how much they knew about the lavish bonuses given to Solyndra executives even as the company was headed down the drain along with over $500 million dollars of our money. Folks, I’ve seen government transparency. This isn’t it.
But let me go back to Fast and Furious for a moment. The MSM has done quite a lot to try to bury the story under a mount of misinformation. Take this headline from a CNN story as an example: “‘Fast and Furious’ flap likely to linger”. You can use a lot of words to describe an operation that sent some 2,000 guns out of the sight of law enforcement officials, but “flap” isn’t one of them. This is either lazy or deceptive reporting. I can’t tell you which is the case but I know we shouldn’t condone it.
And now, links!
- Remember when a whole bunch of “objective journalists” got together to plan how to kill stories that would damage Democrats and push stories that could make Republicans look bad? It was called JournoList and if you think it’s dead and gone just because of one scandal you don’t know politics very well at all.
- Hmmm…it seems that ACORN (or whatever it calls itself now) is working very hard to cover up its involvement in the Occupy Whatever gatherings. Perhaps they’re embarrassed that they’re pushing the grievances of a guy who went $35,000 in debt for a Masters Degree in puppetry then were shocked to find that all the positions at MS-NBC were filled.
- Kirk for President?
- In the progressive world-view, violence is the only argument.
- Aw, who needs to know about perhaps the most famous prayer in American history?
- BREAKING: The income inequality myth is still a myth.
- Donald Douglas beat the copyright trolls of Righthaven. I hope there’s enough left for him to launch a suit of his own, if he chooses, and get a fair chunk of change.
- So far this year, the repulsive Castro brothers have arrested 3,022 people for political reasons since the beginning of the year.
- If you run a fact-checking organization that identified the noted eugenicist Margaret Sanger as a “racial pioneer”, you should close up shop in disgrace.
- If you have a decent telescope, or a very good set of binoculars, you can spot some of the Apollo landing sites on the moon. Why would you do such a thing? Well, why not?
- Sure, the internet is a festering pool of porn, spammers, and Think Progress, but don’t give up on it yet because…Peanuts meet H.P. Lovecraft!