I could not agree any more with Bob Owens about Operation Fast and Furious. Save for Sharyl Attkisson at CBS News, the MSM has ignored something that would have sunk a Republican administration by now. Let’s be clear about what the operation really did:
I don’t wish to understate it: elements of the U.S. Departments of Justice, State, Homeland Security, and Treasury are responsible for supplying an arsenal to narco-terrorists waging a civil war against an American ally. Our federal government may bear responsibility for at least 200 murders committed with “walked” firearms, in what Mexican Attorney General Marisela Morales describes as a “betrayal” of her country by the Obama administration.
None of this is in dispute. Every fact is backed up with several pieces of either physical evidence or corroborating witnesses. The only question is how high responsibility for Operation Fast and Furious actually went. We know that White House staffers knew about the program. We know the administration has shuffled around every supervisor involved in the operation, including the head of the BATFE. This all suggests that the real authority for the whole scheme originated at a much higher level than we know at this moment.
We need to find out what happened so we can punish the guilty and make sure it never happens again. People are dead right now and our elected officials put the guns into the hands of the murderers. How anyone can put politics above getting to the truth is beyond me.
And now, links!
- If Congress really wanted to help the economy right now, they’d write up Stephen Green’s proposal, introduce it as a bill and pass it tomorrow.
- I don’t know what bothers me most about this story, that a grown man thought it was okay to publicly yell to a young woman that her mother is a whore or that no one in the bar took a poke at the loudmouthed churl.
- If you could do one thing to kill job creation deader than a stone right now, you could not do better than this cockamamie new plan from the Obama administration.
- Ben Domenech has all the details on Mitt Romney’s government-run health care problem. What is happening around the nation thanks to Obamacare happened in Massachusetts thanks to Romneycare.
- I’m pretty sure this was not what was meant by the phrase “the bully pulpit”. Really, though, it’s par for the course in an administration that has an approach to transparency that is curiously Soviet.
- The next time you have a bad day, at least you can be thankful that you didn’t have a live grenade stuck in your jaw.
- Have you heard a reference lately to Schrödinger’s Cat, but wasn’t quite sure what it was all about? Well, here’s your one-minute tutorial to the mysterious “superposition of states”.