A couple of days I wrote about Bill Keller’s risible New York Times column wherein he proved that he knows as much about religion as a mouse does about quantum entanglement. I opted for a more measured approach, which, in retrospect, I don’t think is the right way to approach such intentional ignorance. I had considered another post — had made a few notes on it, in fact — but then I saw this incredible piece by Kurt Schlichter at Big Government and realized I don’t have to. He said everything I wanted to say, and did it far better than I could have.
Bill Keller doesn’t really care about the religious beliefs of Republican presidential candidates any more than he did about the beliefs of Barack Obama’s mentor for twenty years when the man was damning America for a bushel basket full of invented sins. What he does care about is how much mayhem he can cause among the electorate by asking loaded questions and twisting any answers he gets into the shapes he desires. His questions are not honest, his motives are purely partisan, and we are under no obligation to do anything but call him out for his dishonesty and bigotry.
We will see this again, folks. Don’t play the game the hacks want you to play. It’s rigged and you won’t ever win.
And now, links!
- Not that I want to channel Mark Steyn, but none of these nations have to worry about dying out because they’re not having enough babies. Unchecked immigration will kill them off long before depopulation will.
- Now that our manned space program is dead, at least for the foreseeable future, the International Space Station is in real trouble. Maybe the Chinese will take it over in a few years when their space program eclipses ours.
- Nice Deb asked how think-skinned our President is. I’m pretty sure the answer is “very”. I’m very sure he’d act less like an emo middle school girl if the MSM didn’t pat his hand and tell him he’s special. Then again, if the MSM hasn’t covered for him as much as they did a few years ago, he wouldn’t be President today.
- Remember when Michelle Obama told college students that they shouldn’t look for jobs that paid good money and instead should go into “public service”? Yes, well, it appears that public service pays pretty darned well if you have all the right connections.
- No one likes the Chevy Volt, not even the guy who runs the company that makes it.
- One of the things I want our next President to do in his first hundred days is tear down the tenure-based pay scale for Federal Employees in favor of one based on merit.
- I admit, I have a couple of these verbal tics, and you can hear them on occasion when you listen to The Delivery. I do try to use them as little as possible, though, so that’s something. Also, you really should listen to The Delivery!
- Do you want to live longer? Just add 15 minutes of exercise to your day and you can add three years to your life. Sounds like a good deal to me.
- Forty-five years ago this month, NASA’s Lunar Orbiter took the first picture of Earth from the orbit of the moon. The story behind that photograph is worth a lunch-time read today..
- I did not know that Def Leppard has a new live album out, but now that I do, I want it! So what do you say — think you might give the tip jar a hit?