I’m not sure what gets in someone’s head to make them see Thomas the Tank Engine as a racist tool of the oppressors, but whatever it is, we should point and laugh whenever we see it manifested. It bothers me that there is no aspect of life that the professional left won’t try to turn into a political weapon, not even a children’s’ show about a happy little train.
The show post will be up a bit later in the day. I could say it’s a good show, but I say that just about every week. That doesn’t mean it’s not true, just that I won’t repeat myself. Except I just did. Well, either way, grab the show when it’s up! Oh,and if you happen to get the show through iTunes, please take an extra minute to rate it and/or leave a nice comment! They do help, I’m told.
And now, links!
- Ashley Sewell and Jenny Erikson have announced they will launch a brand-new podcast on From the Right Radio Friday night. It’s called “The Top Seven” and I think it’s going to be pretty good. They’re running a contest right now in which you can give them the tagline for the show. The prize is small but neat, so if you’re feeling creative, get to it!
- I endorse Moe Lane’s hyper-violent crusade against the encroaching hot dog menace.
- Recovery? Bummer.
- When Stacy McCain gets on a roll, he’s one of the best long-form essayists around. His latest, “That Evil Hour”, is worth your lunch hour.
- Jonah Goldberg doesn’t get fired up very often, but when he does, what results is truly incredible. For what it’s worth, I think he’s right in every detail. It’s high time we slammed the media for not only ignoring the left’s rampant hypocrisy when it bleats about a “new tone” in politics then launches some of the most vile accusations imaginable but for actively participating in it.
- Every time a public sector union takes a beating from the people it purports to represent, an angel gets its wings. And we need squadrons of angels right now, because those greedy unions have resolved to squeeze the life out of us with the help of their favorite government Sugar Daddy.
- Look out! The President is about to pivot again!
- I fully endorse Roger Kimball’s government reduction plan wholeheartedly.
- Ever wonder whether your stats pays out more in taxes than it gets back? Dan Collins has a handy chart, which explains why “centrist” Republicans often vote the way they do.