The House of Representatives refused to raise the debt ceiling yesterday in a vote the MSM is deceptively calling “symbolic”. So much for objectivity, huh? Why it’s almost like the media were using a talking point provided by the House Democratic leadership or something.
If this vote was purely symbolic, then why did almost half of the Democrats vote to slap down President Obama and their own leadership? I’ll tell you why. The game has changed. The days when Congress could simply throw our money down any number of ratholes has come to an end. The next debt ceiling vote, the one the MSM won’t call “symbolic”, is going to come with quite a few strings attached. The Democrats want those strings to be radically higher taxes, not just on the “rich”, but on every single one of us. Republicans will be looking to hack away at the budget with a chainsaw. One of those approaches will be good for us. The other will simply be an excuse to do business as usual. Let us hope that the Democrats who mutinied today continue to buck their leaders and vote wisely. Our future truly does depend on it.
And now, links!
- Stacy McCain strips away the silliness of #WeinerGate and explains why it really is news, and why simple declarative sentences need to come back into journalistic fashion.
- There’s a new Republican Senate candidate in the 2012 race, and his resume looks promising. Check out Old Line Elephant for more.
- Wow. Sarah Palin really does drive the MSM out of their minds. Good for her.
- Herman Cain has a new campaign video out and it’s pretty good. I’m going to pitch them an idea of my own very soon and we’ll see where that goes.
- I’ve only heard of the singer Adele from friends, but I like the cut of her non-musical jib.
- Well, it appears that Jon Huntsman is serious about taking the fight to President Obama.
- Are we really surprised that the Obama administration has shut the MSM out of its fundraisers?
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy is coming back to theaters, for one month only. I may have to make a few trips to the movies!