My beloved Washington Capitals will face the New York Rangers in the first round of the NHL playoffs. I really didn’t want the Caps to face the Rangers, since they didn’t fare well against them in the regular season, but no one gets to pick their playoff opponent. The Carolina Hurricanes had a chance to play the Caps in the post season, but they lost their most important game of the year and so it’s John Tortorella’s crew. At least I’ll get the pleasure of booing Sean Avery and mocking Henrik Lundqvist’s glove hand for a few games — hopefully no more than four — starting Wednesday night.
And now, links!
- Stacy McCain threw a good-natured elbow at me in a post that disagrees greatly with my assessment of John Boehner’s budget deal. If a post about right-wing squabbling doesn’t suit you, he also has a few Amazon recommendations in a great post about how you can help your favorite blogger by doing the shopping you’re normally do anyhow.
- Chris Muir introduces his…err…Damon’s Christmas wish list. I’ve long suspected that Damon is Chris’ cartoon alter-ego, though he may disagree with that idea.
- Awww…progressive sad face (via memeorandum). If that many high-powered left-wingers hate Boehner’s budget deal, perhaps the hard-liners on the right might consider that there is something good about it.
- It’s not Barack Obama’s fault he plays so darned much golf. It’s just that the Secret Service won’t let him go outside to do anything else, like take long walks in Central Park. Seriously.
- James Poulos takes a run at explaining why Donald Trump appeals to so many folks on the right.
- Geeks Attend: Every episode of every Star Trek series will come to Netflix Streaming.