If you haven’t heard of Operation Gunrunner, you should probably read up on it a bit. Start with Michelle’s link-filled post here, then move over to this post by Patterico. The latter post is especially important because it appears from all the evidence available that thanks to some pretty stunning incompetence at the federal level, one of our ICE Agents is dead.
The Feds have posted a $5 million reward for information leading to the arrest of Agent Zapata’s killer. I’d suggest they could find some pretty good leads inside their own Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. Senators Chuck Grassley (R – Iowa) and Darrell Issa (R – Calif.) have been on this case for at least a month and, despite their evidence, they’ve gotten nothing but stonewalling from the administration. Hopefully, their investigation will lead to an arrest, possibly even an arrest of whoever murdered Agent Zapata.
And now, links!
- There is a new Trifecta for your watching enjoyment.
- Are Democrats steeling themselves for another electoral beating in 2012?
- Lee Stranahan is in the middle of a skilled dissection of a Media Matters smear. His work is interesting and I look forward to Part II.
- So Planned Parenthood lied about providing mammograms after all. Color me entirely unsurprised.
- The cost of Obamacare does not make for a pretty graph, even if you assume all the administration’s numbers are accurate (which they likely are not).
- Here is a very well-done infographic about the Messenger probe currently sending back photos of Mercury.