Monday was the day Winter lost its hold on us. Sure, it’ll be cold for just a little while longer, but Winter is beaten and, believe me, it knows. The temps approached 70 degrees yesterday, with a high warm sun and plenty of springtime breezes that became Winter’s last gusty rages as the day wore on. More importantly, Monday was the first day that pitchers and catchers could report to Spring Training, so you know the first crack of the bat is right around the corner. I have quite a few friends in the Midwest and Northeast who will be very glad for spring to finally arrive. I believe I’ll be pretty happy about it, too.
And now, links!
- Haley Barbour’s days as a dark horse 2012 candidate may just be over if this story gets into wide circulation. Then again, if the update in Ed’s post on the story is true, maybe not.
- Atlas Shrugged is heading to the big screen this year and the first trailer is at Big Hollywood. I saw this at the CPAC Blog Bash and, I admit, I wasn’t terribly impressed. Then again, I never have gotten all the way through the book.
- Want to see what Cuba’s vaunted health system is really like? Get hurt while you’re there.
- China is now the world’s second-largest economy. Don’t worry, though, they still aren’t half as big as the United States, and they won’t catch us anytime soon. The article isn’t bad, though it does contain a few real factual clunkers, such as the assertion that President Obama is cutting “billions” out of our “growth”.
- Dear God, how could anyone think this is an appropriate jersey for adult male hockey players? It’s not even appropriate for a fake cartoon hockey team full of Rainbow Brites.
- Now this is a big solar flare.
- Speaking of flares, did you know that Jupiter has its own auroras? It does, and they’re really large.