So I see that a big chunk of the country, which will include St. Louis and Chicago, is about to get slammed by yet another humongous winter storm. I have friends in Chi-town and Saint Looie and to them I extend my most sincere best wishes. My friends, may you not run out of milk, bread, toilet paper and, most importantly, hard liquor. Also, may your satellite not conk out and your internet access remain strong.
And now, links!
- I think of the left-wing reaction to any mention of Ronald Reagan more like a drunken parrot, but this analogy works pretty well, too.
- Doug Powers, at Michelle Malkin’s place, writes, “When the Devil is in the details, simply ignore the details.” I suspect that’s engraved above the office door of Barack Obama’s head speechwriter.
- It takes a certain amount of chutzpah for government officials to go to their wealthiest residents and ask them to take on the whole city as a charity case after they botched their jobs so badly.
- As left-wing attacks on right-wing ideological icons go, this one is very, very weak.
- Ed Driscoll on the Global Warming Recursion. The wit is delicious.
- Moe Lane is glad the President will reportedly crusade for more gun control. I can’t argue with his reasoning.
- Pat Austin thinks the end of books is nearly upon us. I’m not so sure. I love my Kindle, but I’m nowhere close to ready to forswear books altogether.