I didn’t get to watch President Obama deliver his state of the union address live, because I was recording a rebuttal episode of The Delivery? How is such a thing possible? Well, thanks to a fortuitous leak to the National Journal from a Democrat who had a copy of the speech, the White House released the remarks almost an hour before the speech. So I had some time to look it over, make some notes, and do a whole show on it. Keep your eyes open for the podcast, which I’ll get up on the website later today when I have the time at the computer.
And now, links!
- If you missed the speech last night here is the video and the transcript. Warning: it’s over an hour long.
- Here is the GOP rebuttal from Rep. Paul Ryan, both video and transcript.
- …and the transcript of the Tea Party Express rebuttal from Rep. Michele Bachmann.
- …and a short but on-point rebuttal from Herman Cain.
- If you’re interested in judging the spending the President wants to do on the performance of the spending he’s already done, then this analysis of the
Vote Buying ActStimulus Bill is essential.
- Jennifer Rubin does not like the lack of budget-cuts in the President’s speech. I don’t like that he called a spending freeze a spending cut.
- Stephen Hayes caught the President in a little temporal flim-flammery.
- Michelle Malkin is all over the high-speed rail gambit.
- The greedy gun grabbers weren’t happy that they got nothing in the speech.
- Mickey Kaus smells a “juice bill”.
- What do we need? Monorail!