Can you believe the year is almost done? It seems like just a couple months ago, folks in my area of the country were dealing with the most snowfall we’ve had in over a century and a crushing loss by our beloved hometown Washington Capitals. Summer flew by, as did the Redskins’ hope for football competency and the Democrats stranglehold on our government, and here we are, ready to wrap up 2010.
It’s been a good year, all in all, for me. The podcast is going well. The blog is still getting a small but dedicated bunch of fans. I’ve learned a lot and met some great people. I’m happy, healthy, and ready to grab 2011 by the scruff of the neck and make it my year. Want to come along? It ought to be great fun!
And now, links.
- Noting says “competent government” like a bunch of municipal employees put out by snowbound citizens angry that those municipal employees aren’t doing their jobs.
- Mitch Daniels, who you just might see in the 2012 mix, isn’t going to let his lame duck status hold him back. I really like Daniels and I do hope he mounts a serious run for President next year. Win or lose, he’ll do a lot of good (via memeorandum).
- Heritage: The Tea Party Solution for Nuclear Power.
- Never let a crisis go to waste, even if you have to create the crisis, right?
- I’m with James Lileks. If these stories of massive educational failure don’t give you a significant push toward supporting school vouchers, I’m not sure what ever will.
- In six months, we will no longer be able to put an astronaut into space by ourselves. By this time next decade, we may have no place to send them anyhow. It’s probably for the best. Our astronauts aren’t trained to deal with reawakened space zombies anyhow.
- If you have a Nook Color e-reader, you just might be able to hack it so that it acts as a more than passable Android tablet.
- It doesn’t look like the iPad is going to get any serious competition anytime soon, so if you were waiting for Blackberry PlayBook before hitting the Apple Store, you might as well head over there now.
- Is this the carcass of a Chupacabra?