My “big” Christmas gift this year was a Kindle 3 and I must say that I’m incredibly impressed with it. My review pretty much squares with Moe Lane’s impressions, and I’ll have a bit more to say about it a little bit later, after I’ve had a chance to get a bit more familiar with some of the neat bells and whistles. However, I am fully prepared to recommend it to anyone who asks. It’s a neat little gadget.
And now, links!
- Mad Mahmoud and the Mullahs in Iran have been killing our soldiers for years and we’ve done nothing, which explains why they’re so bold today. Thankfully, whoever unleashed the Stuxnet worm has given us a good bit of breathing room (via Techmeme).
- How about a Cuban fairy tale about health care, courtesy of the American government?
- Non-Story Alert: While New Jersey was getting a big snowstorm, Governor Christie was on vacation in Florida.
- This is a rather interesting countervailing opinion on gay marriage (and other musings on religion), from Hillbuzz.
- For the sake of our children, we’re going to have to wake up to the fact that spending more money on education isn’t getting us the results we want.
- Is this the greatest first-person shooter ever seen? Well, sure, as soon as it actually gets made (and don’t doubt that it will be)
- File this under “stuff that baffles even our brightest minds…for now”: There is a huge storm crossing Saturn and it’s getting bigger.