Don’t forget, friends, if you grab any of those sweet Cyber Monday Amazon deals today, get to the site through the Amazon links of your favorite blog. I’m honestly surprised more folks don’t do this pretty much as a matter of course. It takes one extra click from you and can put, at minimum, 4 percent of your purchase price in the pocket of the blogger you love to read. Can’t beat that!
And now, links!
- Ed Driscoll finds that it doesn’t take much for progressives to turn puritanical.
- Lance Burri brings you the week in automotivators.
- If Thomas Friedman ever writes a thoughtful column full of insight and free of bumper-sticker platitudes and cloying adoration of the brutes in Beijing, it’ll be his first.
- Stephen Green makes a point about the incoming GOP majority in the House I’ve made here before. They’re going to need to tread very lightly with investigations lest they be tarred by the MSM the way they were during the Clinton years.
- Irony Alert: The very law enforcement efforts the city of Portland smugly rejected when George W. Bush was President saved an awful lot of lives there. No one’s complaining, though, because Barack Obama’s in charge now.
- The Two Quadrillionth Bit of Pi: The Yahoo cloud computing team might have set a world record. Cool stuff there, if you can grok the math.
- Zamboni Attack: This hockey announcer should win the “Too Cool to Stand on the Ice” award for his inflappable reporting while under the menace of an onrushing Zamboni. “Onrushing” is more or less a relative term, though.