I hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday. Blogging is likely to be light for a good part of the day as my stack of work will be high and my free writing time will be low, at least until the evening. However, these tasty links should tide you over until then.
- I can not imagine that the children dropped into the DC City Government’s uncaring hands would have been worse off had they been left with their parent or parents. At some point, we have to start fighting for families again because they matter immensely.
- What’s worse than an arrogant President? An arrogant President who lectures you for not thanking him enough.
- Liz Cheney for National Security Advisor? Yeah, I’d go for that.
- Meet a real hero, S/Sgt. Salvatore Guinta, the newest recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor and the first living recipient since Vietnam.
- Fact-checking jumps the shark.
- Anyone with a dollop of common-sense could have told you that the Stimulus Bill would not provide an ounce of economic stimulus. Of course, that presumes that the purpose of the bill was to stimulate the economy and not to stimulate the pockets of labor unions and other Democratic campaign contributors.
- Fox News embraces the Truthers.
- Herman Cain has jumped into the earmark debate with this op-ed originally printed in the Greenville (SC) News. Hmm…a guy who’s been making noise about running in 2012 just published a strongly-conservative column on a hot topic in a state with an early primary election in support of a Senator who recently established himself a legitimate player in Republican electoral politics? That’s interesting.