Happy Friday to you all. It’s been a bit of a slow news week, which isn’t always a bad thing, though it has slowed my recent torrid blogging pace, but I have a couple treats in the works for next week I think you’ll enjoy. I’m going to stray away from politics a few times into the world of social media with some stuff you may find useful and interesting. I hope each of you have a fantastic day and that you get into some weekend fun a little bit early.
Your links await!
- If you haven’t found the courage to wade through the Presidential debt commission’s proposal to bring our debt down to merely ridiculous levels in 40 years or so, then you can get a pretty good idea of what it’s about from Bryan Preston, James Pethokoukis, Peter Suderman, Cato, and NRO. Hot Air notes that it’s probably “dead on arrival” already because, even thought it doesn’t go nearly far enough, it goes too far for the Democratic Party.
- Remember when the President banned all drilling off the Gulf Coast and said a panel of outside experts endorsed his ban? Well, he lied through his teeth. (via memeorandum)
- “Eat a bagel, lose your baby.”
- Imagine the white-hot outrage if some pasty-white northern Republican suggested that we shoot a black Democratic candidate for Governor. You’ll not be surprised to know that such outrage doesn’t work the other way around.
- If Texas Governor Rick Perry runs for President in 2012, he’ll be a breath of fresh air.
- SETI is gearing up another effort to contact whatever intelligent life might be listening elsewhere in the universe. This time, they’ll cover some old ground.
- The NHL All-Star game is going to be very different this year. I’m not entirely sure I like the big change, but I must admit, it does sound like it could be fun.
- Here’s a good review of Denzel Washington’s new action flick “Unstoppable”. I may just have to check it out when it’s released.
- The lastest episode of The Delivery is rant-tastic! You’re going to love every minute.