Think about this for a moment. After the tidal wave of voter anger at how they’ve been treated by those who think themselves better in every way arrives on Tuesday, Nancy Pelosi will no longer be in charge. Oh, sure, she’ll still be able to shove through a couple things as a lame-duck Speaker until she’s tossed out of the seat (and it’s thoroughly sanitized) in January and it wouldn’t surprise me if she did. However, she also knows, deep in her prune-sized heart that if she does, she will doom her party to utter irrelevance in 2012.
So, this is the last Sunday she’ll be able to truly vex and that makes it a very good day indeed.
- Speaking of prune-sized hearts, Garrison Keillor has truly become a pitiable man.
- Apparently, the takeaway from the latest al-Qaeda murder plot, according to the FBI, is that mosques should watch out for suspicious al-Qaeda packages.
- Of all the gains conservatives will make on Election Day, the takeover of statehouses seems most important to me.
- Stacy McCain is back on the road. Here are a couple of his live campaign reports from Virginia. This is real, live journalism, folks! I’ll have more from him up to Election Day from Georgia and points south so stay tuned.
- If this turns out to be only half as bad as it sounds, then we have real evidence of a major media outlet trying to unethically and unprofessionally fix an election.
- Our objective MSM reporters are shaking in their boots.
- President Obama considers this a bug, though I suspect he’ll learn on Tuesday that most of America thinks it’s a feature. He’s already losing his most ardent supporters, so perhaps he’ll get the hint sooner rather than later that being President isn’t one long series of campaign stops.
- Not only is Chris Muir a fantastic political cartoonist, he also knows his way around old-school cheesecake.
- Water on Mars? Looks like it.
- Remember that monster of a storm that hit the midwest? Here’s what it looked like from space.