Another week, another teasy Thursday. Yes, I will spent a good chunk of the day under the happy delusion that it’s really Friday and again I will know disappointment. I honestly have no idea why this happens to me with such regularity. Perhaps I’m looking forward to all the behind the scenes blogging and podcasting work I get to do on the weekends just a little bit too much.
- If you’re inclined to spend some time watching your local polling place for any potential instances of voter fraud on Election Day, here are some things to watch for. I would say that even if you do nothing more than vote, you should report any voting irregularity politely and professionally, to the Chief Judge at the polling place.
- Stomping Season is nearly over, hallelujah!
- “Did the DNC Get an Illegal Campaign Loan from Bank of America?” The evidence is pretty convincing and if there’s any kind of legitimate investigation, it’s big trouble for the Democratic Party.
- Breaking up is never pretty.
- Jim Manzi has an interesting post at NRO that is tangentially about climate change but is mostly about experts and elites and why we could use fewer developing public policy.
- Ben Domenech and Brad Jackson make an interesting podcast called “Coffee and Markets” in which they tackle politics and economics in a way that won’t make you claw out your own eardrums from pure boredom. That’s not damning with faint praise either; it’s good stuff. Their latest edition features an interview with Michael Barone.
- When Gary Vaynerchuk smells smoke, fire is usually not far behind. The guy has great instincts for finding the next solid opportunity.
- Comet Hartley 2 could bring us one heck of a light show if these twin fireballs are any indication.