Are you ready for Monday? Well, never mind that. It’s here and ready for you!
- In the name of academic freedom, shut the hell up! Jeff Goldstein, smart man that he is, saw this one coming a long time ago.
- Is Nancy Pelosi toast no matter what happens in November? Well, her own people are running away from her like she was a phaser on overload, so maybe (via memeorandum).
- Will the AstroTurfing from the left never cease? Sheesh!
- The Anchoress has a good post on bullies and Maureen Dowd. Yep, those two do go together. Read and find out how.
- Glen Asbury’s latest Twitter Personality of the Week profile of my friend Brandon Kiser is a good one. Glen’s profiles, which have been running for a couple months now, are always interesting. He has a good eye for the up-and-comers in the social media world. Go back and read into the archives, then keep your eyes peeled for the next one.
- Gabriel Malor doesn’t like the new rumors of a VAT that have been floating in the air lately. I’m not quite as certain on the issue. I can see a case for a VAT as part of a radically different approach to the tax system than we have now. I don’t think he’s thought his argument through enough to consider that case, but YMMV.
- In non-shocking news, the Democrats and David Axelrod (who has still not put the shocking rumors of sheep-fondling to rest) are a bunch of filthy hypocrites.
- Pay attention, guys: Cubachi likes the chivalrous men.
- We lost a couple of cultural biggies this week: Barbara Billingsley and General Johnson (Of Chairmen of the Board). R.I.P.
- With all the talentless musical “artists” churning out carbon-copy albums these days, you’d think the ridiculously musical sisters of SheDaisy would have an album deal. Yet, they don’t. Some record company out there needs to fix that, and fast.