I’ve been collecting stories and blog posts over the last couple of days, with the goal of working them into wondrous and intensely interesting blog posts that would drive thousands upon thousands of hits to The Shack and garner mentions on all the finer right-wing radio talk shows. Then I realized that for all that, I might as well wish for a free pony delivery, too, so I scaled back a little bit. Instead of a hand full of posts that would bring home the Pulitzer Prize for Blogging, I present this shameless link dump.
The links all go to very good blog posts that will probably earn the writer their very own free pony and more hits than Spencer Ackerman delivers to a plate glass window factory on his worst, most Mr. Furious day. So go visit them. Wish them well. Just don’t ask to ride the awesome pony they’ll be getting.
- Shirley Sherrod is no longer a racist, according to the MSM who has decided the matter for us once and for all. But isn’t it curious that racism still follows her around like stink on a compost pile? Never mind her, though. It’s the Tea Parties that are racist, not the woman whose life was shaped by a past that never was. The MSM have decreed it!
- Leadership means more than pointing in a direction and charging up the cattle prods. You have to have what Bobby Boucher’s Mama called “the social skills”. If you don’t have those, well, you might find that your people will make you look like a chump at the worst possible moments.
- Oliver Stone really is a nasty piece of business. I wonder if he may not have genuine mental condition.
- Greg Sargent is a top-notch, journalistic truth-teller with analytical skills so keen they could cut diamond. Why, just look at his takeaway from all the JournoList stories!
- Speaking of the JournoList, it’s heartening to see how filled with compassion and genuine gladness they were to learn that Sarah Palin’s child, born prematurely and with Down’s Syndrome is the healthy delight of his family. More on that here.
- Are you Catholic? Be careful your priest doesn’t swap out the sacramental wine for Kool-Aid!