What’s happening this week in the House of Representatives ought to well and truly tick you off. The Democratic Party wants to take over $10,000 from you and your family. When they have your money, they’re going to go on the biggest spending orgy this world has ever seen.
Oh, they say that they have to do this to stimulate the economy. But let me ask you a couple few questions.
- How will putting you and your children in a yawning pit of debt help your economic situation?
- How will their bill help you right now when most of the money won’t even get spent for two years?
- Do you really believe that the Democrats in Congress know more about our economy than the 200 economists who oppose their plan? How about the head of President Obama’s own Council of Economic Advisers? How about the President’s own budget chief?
- Why should we trust the government to fix a problem that it caused in the first place?
- Why should we trust Congress with a dime more of our money when they can’t account for the $350 billion we’ve already given them?
Can you honestly tell me that Nancy Pelosi has more economic savvy than even one of these people?
The House vote for this is likely to happen very early Wednesday morningm likely somewhere around 9 AM. There is time to vote this giant disaster down before it can tear the bottom out of our already-damaged economy.
We all need to call our members of Congress ASAP and let them know, in polite but unequivocal terms, that their job security rests on voting “no” on the stimulus bill.